TextToTithe has ceased operations, as of June 30th, 2023
TextToTithe has been an ambitious project born out of the FaithTech community. The company launched in 2016 by a team of volunteers, but has struggled to differentiate itself in the market. We pushed hard from the beginning to obtain volume pricing and terms that would allow us to pass low credit-card processing fees on to small community churches, but ultimately those pursuits have failed. As a result, we are shutting down operations.
June 30th, 2023: No further donations will be processed.
- Manual donation attempts will fail, and
- Recurring donations will not be attempted.
- Donation messages sent to your church's number will receive a 'no longer in service' response.
- Your church dashboard, reports, and donor self-serve login portal will continue to work.
June 30th, 2024 (one year later): Phone numbers will be released.
- Your church's phone number will be released back into the wild (if it hasn't been ported to a new service).
We suggest that you take immediate steps to transfer your existing donors to an alternative service:
- Encourage your recurring donors to transition to PAD.
Consider transitioning to https://txt2give.co/
- txt2give can deposit donations into your existing stripe account.
- Donors will need to provide their credit card info again.
You can keep the same phone number.
- After registering with txt2give, contact their support team to 'port' your existing phone number.
A personal note:
I really do appreciate the support we've received over these years, I do hope that this transition won't cause our churches any major grief. I realize there can be some churn when donors need to re-send their card information. So I'm hoping and praying that supporters are able to transition to a new form of giving without any loss of revenue for our churches.
All my best,
If you have any questions, please contact us.